Sunday, March 7, 2010

Happy, Happy Birthday Sophie Dear!!!

Happy Birthday, Sophie-Girl!
It's Sophia's big 1st birthday! We celebrated by stopping by "Grandma" Mary Anne's for some yummy cake. Soph loved the frosting and sprinkles!

Due to the move, we didn't plan a real birthday party, but the Hancock family decided to get together for an impromptu party!

Everyone sang Happy Birthday....



then we ate cake....


ppened presents....


and got a nice card from Great-Grandma.

It was a lot of fun. Thanks everyone for celebrating whether you were here with us or not!


In other news: Under distressing and overwhelming circumstances, we sadly said goodbye to our old home--the cute little duplex (pictured below).


We're lucky enough to have Mom and Dad Hancock who are letting us stay with them for a while. We feel very displaced right now, but we're grateful for Mom and Dad's generosity and a safe, happy environment. We're looking into buying our first real home (with no shared walls with the neighbors!), so if you know of any gonga-deals, let us know!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Aww! Happy Birthday, Sophie! She is too cute! It was good to see (and hear) you guys on video! We miss you! Good luck house hunting!

Joseph and Tiffany said...

I was sad I missed out! Looks like a great party for a sweet girl!

Nicole McBride Cheney said...

Happy Birthday Sophie, I can't believe have fast these kiddos are growing up. It looks like she is walking now! I'm sorry you guys had to move, are parents the greatest. I hope you guys have good luck buying your own home. I would Love to buy a home, hopefully sooner than later.

Matthias said...

I know of a great little cape you guys would love here in Bedford, NH! You guys would love it!