Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I would catch a grenade for you*. Ya-ya-ya!

Okay, the above song is super annoying and (guess what!) very catchy!!! Dave and I like to make fun of it a lot. Por ejemplo...

Me (very romantically): "I would catch a grenade for you."
Dave: "Would you give me a back rub?"
Me: "Heck No!"

*If you don't know the song you're very lucky! Click here right now. You will regret it.

So peeps keep asking us
Q: How do you like it here, compared to Tucson?
Here is my answer.

A: I like it here a lot. I like our house, I like the people, I like our neighborhood, I like being close to stuff, I like that I'm still in Arizona... I'm happy here.
HOWEVER
, there are two things that really bother me.

1. CLOUDS. There are no clouds here. Dave warned me but I didn't believe it till now. It's true. There are no clouds... I mean cumulus clouds. The only things that show up here are the whispy thin stuff. Now, granted, today is actually a pretty cloudy day. Very overcast. (Yay!) But I hardly ever see those big fluffy ones that are always floating over Tucson. You wanna know why Tucson has such awesome sunsets? It's because there's dust AND clouds. We have the dust here, but no clouds to catch the light. :'(
This is hands-down the number one thing that disappoints me here. I'm secretly hoping that we will move someday somewhere that has some nice cloudage.
VS


2. LEFT-TURN ARROWS. I have nothing against Left-Turn Arrows (which I will now refer to as LTA), but I have a problem when they are used to excess! Particularly in our area of town LTA are used EVERYWHERE! Even the minor intersections with hardly any traffic make you wait for a green arrow until you can turn. Arg! It's annoying. But I can deal with it. I CANNOT deal with whispy clouds.

I will now share with you my series of work called "Sophie Brushes her Teeth:"


3 comments:

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Lindsey, sometimes reading your posts make me laugh! I love your personality! Love the pictures of Sophie too.

Joanna said...

Just in case you were wondering, Minnesota has the BEST CLOUDS EVER!!! We can find you somewhere just as great to live and you wouldn't have to worry too much about LTAs either.

Tina said...

hands down the best post title ev-er.

hands down, your daughter is beautiful. meaning most kids are cute, or pretty, but no, your daughter is be-a-u-tiful.