That is all I have to say.
I wanted to keep things simple, because big parties really scare me. So I had six of her little girl friends come over on a weekday dressed up in their princess attire. I imagined myself effortlessly playing the Mommy Hostess, directing games, taking some great pictures, and tending to Sabrina. Then reality hit. It was 5 minutes till the party was to start. I went in to check on Sabrina who was stirring from her nap. I find her find her lying on her tummy rubbing her nose in some spit up. Possibly even throw up. She was smiling at me. I realized that things probably weren't going to go as smoothly as I had hoped.
But the party was a blast. And thanks to the other moms that attended, I had plenty of help with picture taking, holding Sabrina, and serving the children.
The first game we played was "Help the Princesses Find Their Stuff." That's the official game name by the way (wink). Here's what it is: I told all the princesses that an evil witch had stolen Snow White's apples, Cinderella's princess shoes, and Belle's books and had hidden them in the forest (aka backyard). The girls had to find everything. This game is inspired by an Easter egg hunt, a game Sophie has been wanting to play a lot lately. The girls loved this game, but I think mainly because I had said the word "witch" and that spurred them to begin a game of "Get The Evil Witch!" Their imaginations were running wild. It was so entertaining to watch them.
We then made Magical Princess Necklaces. In the end only 3 girls actually finished their necklace because everyone wanted to go outside and play "Witch." Here are two of the three girls who did their necklaces:
Then we played "Pin Pascal Onto Rapunzel's Hand" and opened presents. The present opening was a free-for-all.
Okay, so the cake. I decided to make cream cheese frosting and I used a recipe I never tried before. The recipe called for 1 cup of milk to make 4 cups of frosting! I thought that 1 cup of milk seemed like a lot, but contrary to my better judgement I followed the recipe. I had enough frosting to frost 3 or 4 cakes! Now I have learned my lesson. Do not follow a frosting recipe that calls for 1 cup of milk!
All the Princesses:
Paisley Taylor, Emily Mehr, Juliet Wiscombe, Sophie, Eliana West, Mya Bates, Lily West
*****
*****
Sophie,
You are very compassionate.
You are very compassionate.
You get very upset anytime I have to use hard words on anyone!
You don't want anyone to have to go to timeout--even if that person has hurt you!
Sophie, you are very loving.
Once,
I had to go on a Relief Society visit with the Relief Society
President. Daddy was in the bathroom when it was time for me to go so I
just said through the door, "Bye, Daddy!" Then I hugged and kissed you
goodbye. I left out the front door and was about to get into the car
when you opened the door crying. I walked back to see what had happened to make you so upset. You wanted me to hug and kiss Daddy. I
told you that I already said goodbye to him but you insisted that I
wait for him to come out so I could say gooobye properly. You always are making sure that I show people I love them.
Sophie you are very forgiving.
With
a simple "I'm sorry" you always forget whatever wrong has been happened
to you and are quick to reinstate your friendships with others.
I love you, Sophie!
You love to change your clothes three or four times a day. You love puzzles and make believe. You're beginning to really love jewelry. You LOVE your stuffed animals. Right now your favorite is Marie the kitty from Aristocats, but you change favorites often. You pretty much eat a quesadilla or a cheese sandwich everyday for lunch. You will do almost anything just to get a sticker on your sticker chart. You often say the word "bubble" in response to anything I say or ask you.
You love to change your clothes three or four times a day. You love puzzles and make believe. You're beginning to really love jewelry. You LOVE your stuffed animals. Right now your favorite is Marie the kitty from Aristocats, but you change favorites often. You pretty much eat a quesadilla or a cheese sandwich everyday for lunch. You will do almost anything just to get a sticker on your sticker chart. You often say the word "bubble" in response to anything I say or ask you.
You are no longer my baby which makes me sad, but I am very proud of my big girl.
Happy Birthday, Sophie Girl!
Happy Birthday, Sophie Girl!
2 comments:
Beautiful princesses! And beautiful words from a mom to her birthday girl.
I wish Kennedy could have gone to that awesome princess party! It looked like it was blast!
Post a Comment