Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sophie and Soccer

Soccer.

I can't say that every second of this was a super awesome experience. In fact, I actually dreaded every Thursday night when there was soccer practice. We would show up ("we" meaning me, Sophie, and Sabrina) and in my super excited soccer-is-so-cool-voice I would encourage Sophie to participate. While  holding Sophie's hand so she could practice dribbling, I would also be lugging around Sabrina in her car carrier (which isn't exactly light). Then a kind friend would offer to watch Sabrina for me so I could focus on Sophie. This would work out well for two minutes until Sabrina would start crying. I would walk over to see if I could calm Sabrina only to cause Sophie to cry when she realized mom walked 10 feet away. Then I would want to start crying. Because this is pretty much what happened for 2 months straight.

Then one day. Sophie went to a game. And played. By herself. And it was awesome. Suddenly she didn't need any help at all. Suddenly she loved to run around and play!

Now that the season is over Sophie still asks about soccer and if she can play. She would tell you that she can't wait for next season!

In the end it was a good experience. I'm glad we stuck with it.



Here's a video clip. The best part is at the beginning when Sophie begins dribbling the ball off the field.

2 comments:

PK said...

I'm glad that Sophie finally got into soccer, I'm sorry that it was so hard for so long for you. Also, the video won't work, it says "this video is private" and won't play. :-(

Lindsey said...

Oops! I think I may have fixed it. Thanks for notifying me.