Sunday, October 27, 2013

Silly Stories

Silly Daddy, Silly Mommy

Cutting into freshly baked GF brownies Dave says, "They kind of have a brownish hue."
Very good, Dave. Brownies usually are brown.

* * * * *

Lindsey: "I have a DIY husband."
Dave: "You put me together yourself?"

* * * * *

What Dave said when he was looking for attention and Lindsey was staring at the computer screen:
"Hi. I'm your husband. I keep you warm at night. But I also live here, too."

* * * * *

What a Heather Carr's son said to Lindsey one day:
 5 yr old: "Are you having another baby?"
Lindsey: "What? Do I look like I'm going to have another baby?"
  5yr old: "You just have a smile on your face all the time."


* * * * *

Dave: "I actually do pick up after breakfast occasionally."
Lindsey: "So do I. Sometimes."
Sophie: "No you don't, Mommy!"


Silly Sophie



One day, Sophie wore Sabrina's size 6 months shorts. She is four years old, and she squeezed her little hiney into size 6 month shorts.
She was convinced that the shorts were meant as a gift for her and not her baby sister.

* * * * *

One evening, Lindsey was preoccupied talking to Dave when she realized that she hadn't seen Sophie for the last 20 minutes. So Lindsey went peeking around in the rooms only to find Sophie in her bed, reading the phone book by the light at the end of day.

* * * * *

One day, Sophie came to Dave all distraught.
Dave: "What's wrong?"
Soph: "I don't like these pants."
Dave: "Why not?"
Soph: "They're not falling down."
If you have ever seen Sophie in person, you might have noticed that Sophie does not like pants that fit her waist.
* * * * *

"You Revel Skunk!"
Sophie's way of quoting the Star Wars line, "You rebel scum."

* * * * *

Lindsey so badly wanted to prove herself to Sophie that she could do handy jobs around the house. Every time Lindsey picked up a power tool Sophie would say "Only Daddy can do that." Well, imagine the joy in Lindsey's heart when she heard these words from Sophie's mouth:
"Mommy, you did the curtains all by yourself! I am so conpressed [impressed] with you! I thought daddy was going to do it."

* * * * *

What Sophie said one day while playing outside:
"Look, Mom! A jumping spider! It won't hurt you. No Sabrina! Don't eat it!"

* * * * *

A joke Sophie just came up as I am typing this:
Knock Knock
Who's There?
Tomato
Tomato Who?
Tomato the missionaries are here! The missionaries are eating with us. Come eat with us!


Silly Sabrina
 
 
Sabrina enjoys eating her foods, throwing her foods, and pooping out her foods. And sometimes all at the same time!
But here is her typical eating routine.
Before 1 year:
Sabrina will eat much of her meal, and then she will just sit and act like she is all done. The moment Dave or Lindsey begin wiping off her hands Sabrina will start picking up more food and shoving it into her mouth. She will continue to be rubbed down with a wash cloth until her tray is empty. 
Conclusion: Sabrina needs to wiped down in order to finish her meal.

Post 1 year:
Sabrina receives all her food from her mom and dad and instead of shoving them into her mouth, she throws them onto the floor. When she is "done," Dave or Lindsey will get her out of her high chair and place her on the floor. Sabrina will then eat all the food she threw onto the ground.

* * * * *


One afternoon, Lindsey was loading Sabrina into her car seat so they could all head over to Target. Sabrina was holding a cracker in her hand. When Sabrina was placed in her car seat she found a binky there! She picked it up, and with the binky in one hand and the cracker in the other, she opened her mouth wide and aimed both objects toward it. When the binky and cracker simultaneously arrived at her mouth, she realized her mistake and decided to cake care of the cracker first. 

 * * * * *

Sabrina is a cuddler. Whenever she is tired and ready for bed. She will often lay her head down on her Mom's shoulder and snuggle up until Lindsey lies her down in her crib. It is the sweetest thing.