I have a little magnetic notepad on the fridge. On it I write all the little silly things Sophie and Sabrina say. Here are the stories I wrote down from this past year:
At the 2013 Hancock Christmas white elephant gift exchange, Dave scored a new frilly pink apron with cupcakes on it. Later, back at home, Lindsey used it while baking. Sophie didn't really like her using it. "That's Daddy's apron!" she said.
Lindsey to Sophie and cousins Kingston and Lowe: " You can eat your cheese crisp first, and then you can eat a cookie."
Sophie: "Yeah. That's what I do. I eat the good food first and then after that I can eat the bad food."
Sophie: "Sabrina is so cute. When I get kids, they're gonna think this baby is so cute."
Sophie: " Is it not spring break anymore?"
Dave: "Nope. Spring Break is over."
Sophie: "Yea!"
As we were getting ready for church one morning, everyone was packing their bags with all their essential "church things." So while Lindsey was packing the diaper bag, Dave was gathering his notebook, and Sophie was packing toys into her bag. Sabrina came out with her bag full of little shoes. She walked out the door with the bag in one hand and another shoe and blankie in the other.
Sophie, waving the American Flag: "Happy Fourth of July!"
Dave: "Do you know what that holiday is for?"
Sophie: "Uh-huh!"
Dave: "What?"
Sophie: "I forgot."
Sophie to Lindsey: "I figured out your favorite day is sleep day."
True dat.
Lindsey asked Sophie to do something, but Sophie was playing a Lego game on the tablet.
Sophie: "I can't! I'm working!"
Lindsey was taking a poll of the family, to see if everyone thought the new baby would be a girl or a boy.
Here are their answers:
Sophie: "Boy."
Lindsey: "Boy."
Dave: "Girl."
Sabrina: "Pig!"
Sabrina slept in to almost 10am one morning, which is very unusual!
Lindsey said to her when she finally woke up: "What are you? A teenager?"
Sabrina: "Yes."
Sophie: "Mom, remember when you used to make cookies?"
Lindsey: "Um, yeah."
Sophie: "Why don't you make them anymore?"
Lindsey had made some a few days ago.
What we found in our garbage disposal after it stopped working:
2 chopped up sippy cup stoppers
7 rocks
1 beat up jar lid.
While driving through ASU campus, Lindsey explained to Sophie: "This is where big kids got o school. They can take classes to become a doctor, or a teacher..."
Sophie: "Or they can learn to drive a bus!"
Lindsey: "Yeah. I don't think they have classes on that here."
2 comments:
Love these quotes :)
Cute! I especially love the one about how Sophie's kids are going to think "that baby" Sabrina is cute. Haha!
Post a Comment