Monday, September 13, 2010

Les Poissons, Les Poissons! Hee Hee Hee Hua Hua Hua

Utah Trip
Here is Dave with his new friend, Paul. We met him at this side-of-the-road hamburger/hotdog and fishing stand.
Note: Sophie did NOT like Paul.
Dave, Lindsey, and Brigham Young.

We had the amazing opportunity to go to education week at BYU with some family. Let me just say this: It's a wonderful feeling taking whatever classes you want and not worry about assignments and homework.
The Melvilles. She's having a baby though you can't tell from the picture (or in person for that matter.) I hope I'm allowed to say.
Sophie & Kennedy. Yes, Sophie is eating her shirt.
We spent A LOT of time with some of our cousins this past summer. One cousin in particular has taught Sophie the word "Mine!" Soph uses it often. :)

Other things Sophie has been saying a lot (just a few):
  • "I Don't Know"
  • Prayers
    (muttering and saying Mommy and Daddy while folding arms)
  • "Go!"/" Go?"
  • "Mommy!"
    (Apparently 'mommy' just means 'Someone pay attention to me now!")
  • "One, Two, Threeeeeee!"
  • "Please", "Cheese" (they sound almost identical)
  • "W" (I could have sworn I heard her sing along with the ABCs song and say 'w')
  • "Doing?"
    (What are you doing?)
  • "Apple"
Things she sings:
  • "Ee-I-Ee-I-O!"
  • "Clean Up! Clean Up!"
    (But it sounds more like "Pick up! Pick Up!"
"Home" in Arizona

Dave, Sophie, and I are glad that the temperatures have been dropping. We've been taking advantage of this with lots of nice walks. We love the desert and all it's surprises --Including cactus flowers and fruit.


Raise your hand if you love the desert!

5 comments:

mydeserthome said...

who took these pics?

Lindsey said...

Lindsey took all the pictures she is NOT in.

Joanna said...

Sorry, but I don't think I can raise my hand for loving the desert. I'm just TOO used to grass :)

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Hmmm, I wonder who in the world could have taught Sophie to say "mine"? Sheesh, can't people teach their kids to mend their selfish ways and share?? ;)

Jesse and Camry said...

I just love that black and white of Dave and Sophie, it is so beautiful. I can't believe how much she is saying! Good for her. You took some amazing pictures girl!