Sunday, April 6, 2014

Conference Weekend

For some reason, Sophie really looks forward to General Conference weekend every 6 months. It probably has something to do with eating popcorn and delicious sweet breads. I remember watching conference in the back of the Stake Center that was really far away and we had to sit on hard metal chairs. It wasn't so fun for a kid, and I defently know I didn't look forward to it. But Conference has become a kind of holiday in the Mormon world.

We have developed a few family traditions for each General Conference weekend. They include: baked goods, delicious breakfasts, healthy and not-so-healthy snack foods, and spending lots of family time outdoors in between sessions. Another tradition that has developed is photographing our family day together. So here is our Conference Day in the Life of the Joslins! Photos by Dave, Lindsey, and Sophie.

Sunday began with Sophie hanging out on our bed and Sabrina getting her diaper changed by her dad.



Then Sophie helped me slice some strawberries.


Gluten Free Banana Bread!

Watching Conf.

Checking our muscles.


Got airplane rides. Or something.



Then Sophie took a selfie in her mirror...

 and had me pose for a few shots.
We did some silly ones outside then Sophie said, "Let's do some nice ones inside." She took the following picture and said, "That one is so beautiful. I want to hang it on my wall!"
Yeah. I look a-mazing..... maybe not so much. :) 
But if she wants a photo of her mom on her wall she can have it!

Later, we went to Discovery Park for a picnic.




  



And we had a great view of the Gilbert Temple.

No comments: